This cake is moist and delicious! Makes a great breakfast or dessert. Suitable for Atkins, LCHF, Low Carb, Diabetic, Low Glycemic, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free. (Not strict Keto due to peanut powder.)
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil, melted
- 1 big egg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Peanut flavor (available on Amazon)
- 1 tbsp Walden Farms Peanut Butter Spread (Zero Carbs)
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 2 tablespoons Hoosier Hill Peanut Butter Powder (Peanut Flour)
- 1 tbsp Oat fiber (I use Lifesource)
- 1 tbsp Just like (brown) sugar or another brown sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon Double effect baking powder, gluten free
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 drop 2 drops EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose, if a sweeter cake is desired (optional)
- 1 tbsp Smuckers Sugar Free Jam (Any Flavor)
Melt the butter in a 4-inch ramekin or large soup mug. Add egg, vanilla, peanut flavoring and Walden spread. Whisk with a fork or small whisk until creamy.
Add all the dry ingredients and mix well. Taste it to see if you want the dough to be sweeter. Add a drop or two of liquid sucralose and mix well.
Put some jam on it and spread a little on top of the muffin. Microwave on high power for 1 minute. The muffin should be completely set in the center. If not, add baking time in 5 second increments until the cake is set in the center.
Leave to cool for 5 minutes to harden well and allow the jam to cool a little. Enjoy.
Nutrition estimates are calculated per serving with My Fitness Pal’s online recipe analyzer. If you make changes to the ingredients, your results may differ. The recipe is stored there and available for MFP users to log into their food journals. I do not include sugar alcohols or liquid sucralose in my nutritional counts because they are not absorbed by the body and are zero on the glycemic index.
Calories 280, Total fat 17 g, Saturated fat 3 g, Sodium 567 mg, Potassium 77 mg, Total carbohydrate 27 g, Dietary fiber 21 g, Net carbohydrate 6 g, Sugars 2 g, Protein 19 g. Macros: 60% fat, 31% protein, 9% carbs.
© January 9, 2018 Roxana Lopez for Aunt Rocky’s
For more low carb/keto recipes and cooking tips, search Aunt Rocky’s low carb recipes and tips group on Facebook, or follow me on Pinterest at auntrocky2.
I do not receive any commission or kickback for the products I use or mention in my recipes. Brand names are included only to ensure a result similar to mine and to more accurately gauge nutritional estimates, which are based on the exact ingredients I used.