Rocky Road Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Candies are easy to make. The hardest part is not eating it all! Suitable for Atkins, Keto, LCHF, Low Carb, Diabetic, Low Glycemic, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Low Potassium, Low Sodium, CKD and Kidney.
- ½ cups Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip Cubes (see tip)
- 8 ounces, weight Unsweetened Baker’s Chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Refined coconut oil
- 4 drops Liquid sucralose (or other liquid sweetener to taste)
- ½ cups Confectioner’s Swerve (or 1/3 cup Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener)
- ½ cups Coarsely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
Line a small square dish or small bowl with cling film and pour 1/2 cup Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip into it, smoothing the top. The dish should be small enough for the dip to be at least 1/2″ thick. Freeze. (This step should be done several hours before starting the candy – see note below.)
Chop the pecans, measure the powdered Swerve. Put aside.
Line a 6″x8″ glass pan with wax or parchment paper (not cling film), with enough paper to hang down the sides. Put aside.
Take the frozen marshmallow dip out of the freezer and invert it onto a cutting board, removing the cling film. Cut into small cubes.
Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave for about 1.5 minutes. Stir to smooth.
Working quickly, add the Liquid Sucralose first, then the Motorized Swerve and whisk until smooth.
Stir in the marshmallow cubes and nuts, and pour everything into the 6″x8″ dish. Smooth top. Place in the freezer to completely set.
Once set, remove the candy from the dish using the overlapping edges of the parchment paper and cut into 18 cubes. Store in the freezer in an airtight container.
Tip: Marshmallow cubes should be prepared at least several hours before starting the candy. Measurement is for cubed frozen marshmallow dip. If you don’t have access to Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip, substitute a recipe’s sugar-free marshmallow or use Max Mallow Sugar-Free Marshmallows (available online). If using ready-made marshmallows, the finished candies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter and are travel-friendly.
• Walden Farms products are available in many supermarkets, Netrition.com and Amazon.com. They are zero carb and zero calories, and I use them as flavor extenders or enhancers in many of my low carb recipes.
• Nutrition estimates are based on My Fitness Pal’s online recipe analyzer. Brand names are included only to ensure more accurate estimates. The recipe is stored on and available for MFP users to log into their food logs.
• Sugar alcohols, allulose and liquid sucralose are not absorbed by the body and have a zero rate on the glycemic index, so they are excluded from nutritional calculations.
• Recipe updates 05/07/2020: clarification of instructions, addition of current alternative ingredients, formatting.
• For more Atkins/low carb/Keto recipes and cooking tips, search Aunt Rocky’s Low Carb Recipes and Tips group on Facebook, or follow me on Pinterest at: https://www.pinterest.com /auntrocky2/
Per serving: Calories 109, Total fat 10g, Saturated fat 6g, Sodium 11mg, Potassium 12mg, Total carbohydrates 4g, Dietary fiber 3g, Net carbohydrates 1g, Sugars 0g, Protein 2g. Macros: 88% fat, 8% protein, 4% carbs.
© December 13, 2017 Roxana Lopez for Aunt Rocky’s; updated July 5, 2020.