So quick and satisfying! It can even be prepared the day before, taken to work or school. Add the dressing when you serve the salad. Suitable for Atkins, keto, chf, low carb, diabetic, low glycemic, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free if cheese is omitted.
- 4 sheets romaine, chopped
- 1 slice Red onion, chopped
- 3 ounces, liquid Farmhouse John ham steak, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons Grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 whole Plain Sweet Cherub grape tomatoes, quartered
- FOR SCREWING:
- 3 tablespoons Best Foods / Hellman’s Real Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 drop Ez-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose (or liquid sweetener of choice)
Chop everything for the salad and place in a large shallow bowl.
do it dressing. If it seems too thick, just add a tiny bit of water to thin it out. Drizzle the salad.
Nutrition estimates are per serving based on the exact ingredients I used, calculated with a free online recipe analyzer. I do not include sugar alcohols or liquid sucralose in my nutritional counts because they are not absorbed by the body and are zero on the glycemic index.
Calories 440, total fat 37g, saturated fat 9g, sodium 1586mg, potassium 172mg, total carbs 10g, dietary fiber 3g, net carbs 7g, sugars 8g, protein 19g. MACROS: 76% fat, 18% protein, 6% carbohydrates.
© July 21, 2016 Roxana Lopez for Aunt Rocky’s
For more low carb/keto recipes and cooking tips, search Aunt Rocky’s low carb recipes and tips group on Facebook, or follow me on Pinterest at auntrocky2.