A unique take on the traditional dish, this Artichoke Bruschetta gives the authentic blend of fresh tomatoes, garlic, onions and basil a new twist with creamy artichoke hearts and grated Parmesan cheese.
- 70 grams Tomato, finely diced
- 20 grams Red onion, finely diced
- 20 grams Artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil, and more for drizzling
- 8 sheets Finely chopped basil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 slices (1 cm thick) Bread, sliced diagonally from a small baguette
- 10 grams Grated parmesan
Preheat the oven to 180°C (355°F). In a bowl, combine the tomato cut into small cubes, the onion, the chopped artichokes and the olive oil. Add basil and crushed garlic. Combine everything well.
Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the center of the oven for about 3-5 minutes, watching to make sure it doesn’t burn.
Top bread with tomato mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve immediately.