Very easy Salisbury steak recipe with brown gravy made with gluten free flour. Try this delicious recipe.
- 1 pound Ground beef
- 2 Onions, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons Pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers (optional)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil (for frying the patties)
- 2 tablespoons Dairy-free butter
- 2 tablespoons Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Broth (beef Or Chicken) Or Water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
In a bowl, combine the beef, half the chopped onion, water, salt, pepper and crushed red peppers. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
Heat a nonstick grill pan with oil over medium heat. Once the pan is heated, place the patties on the pan. Cook until the patties are golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate, set aside.
Heat the butter over medium-high heat in another skillet. Add remaining chopped onion and sauté until tender.
Sprinkle with flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the broth little by little, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. To boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the thyme.
Add patties, cover and simmer until internal temperature reaches 160°F.